The Lade Centre
APPLICATION FOR HIRE OF MAIN HALL – Please use block capitals
Name of responsible person requesting hire: _________________________________________________
Post Code: _____________________
Telephone No: _______________________
Mobile Phone No: ________________
Hire Dates / Day: ________________________________________________
Time: From: ______________________To:_________________________
Community Group name if applicable:
Invoice Address if different from above:
Purpose of Hire….
Number of people attending….
Deposit for Booking is £10 payable on confirmation of booking.
Rebate will only be given at the discretion of the committee should the hire not proceed on a given day/time.
The above charges includes the use of stackable seating, folding tables and access to the Drop-in Centre and use of toilet facilities.
Invoicing for the event will be within one calendar month. Payment is expected within 28 days. Interest of 5% per month will be applied to bills not paid within this time scale.
I the undersigned hereby certify that I have read and understood the Contract of Hire & Conditions of Use of the accommodation.
Return completed form by email to: email@example.com or by post to The Lade Centre
The Lade Centre
58 Ladeside St
CONTRACT OF HIRE & CONDITIONS OF USE
1. Should any dispute regarding a let occur, this shall be settled by the Committee whose decision is final and binding.
2. The Committee reserve the right to amend the Contract of Hire & Conditions of Use and schedule of charges at any time.
Health & Safety
3. It is the responsibility of the hirer to provide the necessary first aid equipment and trained personnel for the duration of the let.
4. Nothing shall be done, nor shall anything be brought on to the premises, which may create a risk to the building or its occupants.
5. This is a smoke free building. All hirers must observe this policy.
6. The hirer is responsible for undertaking a risk assessment and holding public liability insurance for all activities undertaken during the period of use of the hall.
7. The hirer must insure that they comply with all current legislation relating to Protecting Vulnerable Groups.
The management committee reserve the right to examine all insurances and certification relating to hiring of the hall.
8. All meetings and functions shall be held only during the hours specified on the Application Form. Any unauthorised extension of that time will be charged at the appropriate rate.
9. The hirer is responsible for the collection, safekeeping and return of the keys. Keys may be retrieved and returned to the keysafe at the entrance to the building. Any delay in the return of the keys will incur an additional hire charge.
10. The hirer must ensure that the premises are not left unattended at any time during the period of the let. At the end of the let the building must be left secured (including fire exits) and all lights and wall hall heaters switched off.
11. The hirer shall take all precautions for the protection of the building and shall be liable for any expense incurred in making good any damage arising through acts of vandalism and/or disfigurement of the surfaces, in particular, suitable footwear must be worn to avoid damage to the floor surfaces.
12. The hirer is responsible for ensuring that the building is left in a clean and tidy condition. If extra cleaning is necessary, a supplementary charge will be made.
13. All extra furnishings or packaging materials including specialist equipment etc. shall be removed immediately after the conclusion of the function and the premises left free of litter to the satisfaction of the Committee.
14. It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that only the room(s) booked are used, otherwise extra charges will be incurred.
15. The capacities of the various hall/room(s) shall be regulated by the Committee and it is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure these numbers are not exceeded.
16. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that any occasional permission and/or licence required by law in respect of alcohol, music and/or gaming are obtained from the licensing authority.
17. The hirer is required to ensure that there is adequate supervision to ensure safety and preserve public order. The hirer shall also provide sufficient doorkeepers, ticket collectors, and licensed stewards etc. to ensure proper control of admission and exit of patrons.
18. The hirer shall be responsible for ensuring that all policies and procedures, particularly those with regard to emergency evacuation (see attached), are both understood and followed.
19. In the event of a public health or other emergency the committee reserve the right to vary the conditions of hire, including the numbers of people able to access the centre, with immediate effect. Currently, 2021, Covid restrictions remain in place in Scotland and these affect some functions of the centre.